There’s just something about Spring that makes me feel so feminine.
And by feminine, I don’t just mean it in the womanly-femme sense, but in the spiritually divine sense. I think it’s because Spring as a season is a time when the Divine Feminine comes out of hiding and into a full expression of being.
I feel a deep, deep resonance to Spring.
After having a rough inner Winter, Spring feels like amazing grace; like a chance to step into the lightness of liberating truths; like a celebration of my own vitality and capability and creativity; like joyful luminous sunshine on my shoulders.
I’m feeling it.
Here are some things that are inspiring me to blossom into the feminine:
1. Wearing waistbeads which were gifted to me by a sweet friend.
2. Coming Home to Myself, by Marion Woodman.
3. Adornment: bright colors on my nails and lips, and pretty updos.
4. Coming onto and flirting with my man.
5. Journaling outside on my make-shift terrace.
6. Getting witchy*: studying tarot and astrology, and partaking in moon magic.
9. Soaking and sauna’ing at our local spa.
10. Beyoncé, FKA Twigs, SZA, Björk, Nicki Minaj, and Erykah Badu—on repeat.
11. And pretty much everything on this list.
*Did you know that the original meaning of the word witch is wise woman?
Also: I made something for you!
Big Time Sensuality! A sensual mixtape to inspire your blossoming
I made this mixtape in celebration of Spring; of not just the flowers that are blossoming, but of your own beautiful blossoming.
These are songs that sound like the luminosity, energy, and ecstatic joy that emanates through Springtime. I can’t help but dance whenever any one of these songs come on my iTunes.
One of my favorite songs on this mixtape is Finally Woken by Jem. Whenever I’m unsure, whenever I lose sight of my own purpose or the beauty of this world, I just hum. . .
Child don’t worry, it’s OK
The sun is out for another day
And I say it’ll be alright
As for you. . . I hope you listen to this and imagine yourself surrounded by blossoms and buzzing bees and radiant sun-rays.
That’s what these tunes sound like to me.
(Player not showing? Click here.)
1. Opening // Shudder to Think
2. Gobbledigook // Sigur Rós
3. 7/4 Shoreline // Broken Social Scene
4. Finally Woken // Jem
5. Big Time Sensuality // Björk
6. Micronomic // Lali Puna
7. Cherry Blossom Girl // Air
8. Rose Quartz // Toro y Moi
9. Constant Surprises // Little Dragon
10. I Walked // Sufjan Stevens
11. Shh // Frou Frou
12. Know The Way // Grimes
And now I can feel / Life is flowing through me.
I’ve got a big smile / I feel good.