If you wanted to know slightly random and pretty important facts about me, read on.
I am a woman who’s insatiably curious about the erotic. Because I came from a religious background, the idea of uninhibited, empowered sexuality wasn’t at the forefront of my sexual education. It wasn’t until I got married that I began to realize my own hangups around sex and began exploring who I was as a sexual woman.
This blog was created shortly after as a way to chronicle my sexual awakening.
A few fun facts about me:
1. I’m a Virgo sun with a moon sign in Cancer and my rising sign is in Sagittarius. My Venus AND Mars are both in Virgo, too, which speaks to how I am in my relationships—much to my dismay.
2. My husband, Jonathan, is a personal trainer and movement coach. We’ve been together for 11 years, married for 10. We eloped to Vegas on Christmas.
3. I identify as a queer, Black af demisexual femme with a bit of a plant obsession.
4. I live in Portland, Oregon where we only get relatively consistent sun about three months out of the year. Originally, I’m from a desert town in Southern California that you’ve probably never heard of.
5. I was raised strictly Christian, which I no longer practice or believe in. I don’t consider myself religious, but if I had to label myself I’d say that I’m a witch with a curiosity in Afro-indigenous spiritual practices and ancestral worship.
6. I was a hairstylist and a noted fashion blogger before I did this work.
7. When I’m not in session or studying sexuality, I am likely reading a book (I love psychological thrillers), watching paranormal reality television shows, or chasing the sun.
8. I’m left-handed dominantly, but am also ambidextrous.
You can see more glimpses of my personal life on Instagram.
Sometimes I get asked about my credentials and qualifications. The truth is that I have no formal training as a sexuality doula or erotic counselor. Much of what I know has been either self-taught—I’ve spent almost a decade studying sex, sexuality, gender, relationships dynamics, and even a little about female anatomy—or has been bestowed upon me by mentors, coaches, healers, therapists, and sex activists.
Without the degrees and trainings, I’ve been able to better hone my skills as an intuitive and empathetic witness, which has given me access to a deeper sense of trust and belief in my abilities to heal and facilitate others.
When I feel my sessions venturing outside the realm of my depth of knowledge, I happily refer people out to folks who I think might be better equipped. I do the best I can to stay humble with my work and I in no shape or form bill myself to be an expert. I am just a woman with an insatiable curiosity about sex and sexuality, and it is my honor to help those further along in their journeys.